For your security, payments are
powered by Venmo (a PayPal company)
- Download Thanks! from the App Store or Google Play here.
- Follow on-screen prompts to sign up for a new account.
- During signup you will be asked if you already have a Venmo account.
- If YES: Log in to your Venmo account and follow on-screen prompts to authenticate
- If NO: You’ll be prompted to download Venmo.
- Open Venmo and sign up for a new account.
- Connect your payment information. Tap the menu icon in the top left corner and from Settings select ‘Bank & Cards’. Link your bank account or add a debit/credit card as your payment source. Now you can send money to anyone! (Note: Venmo charges a 3% fee when using a credit card. It is free to use a debit card or your bank account)
- Close Venmo app & open Thanks!. Select ‘Have Venmo’ to login and authenticate.
- You’re all set! Feel free to test by sending a friend $1.
How it works
- Spin the wheel or use the number pad to choose the amount you want to give and tap ‘NEXT’
- Search users by First Name or Thanks! ID. As an alternative you can enter any email or US mobile number. Tap the Contacts icon to load your address book.
- Tap Give and the money is sent!
Receivers do not need the app. If new to Thanks! they’ll receive a link to download the app and instructions to claim their payment. Payments limited to $3,000 every 7 days. Unclaimed tips are returned to Senders automatically after 30 days.